Sunday, March 24, 2024

Ray Bennett’s stamp collecting has led to a range of other hobbies that help distract his busy mind

Ray Bennett’s stamp collecting has led to a range of other hobbies that help distract his busy mind

From the article: "The Timaru Philatelic Society patron, and the district’s former mayor and councillor, is excited about Saturday’s stamp and other collectables fair, hoping it will encourage others into pastimes he has enjoyed. “Stamp collecting is fun. I enjoy every moment of it,’’ Bennett said. ...He began stamp collecting as a 5-year-old, and said he had continued the hobby for 87 years. “With stamps, no matter how busy I am all my concerns go down my shoulder, and through my hands, and I’m perfect. I get myself engrossed...."


Article Reference: www.stuff.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment